- Admiral Hon. John Forbes was born in 1714. He was the son of Vice-Admiral George Forbes, 3rd Earl of Granard and Hon. Mary Stewart.,
He married Lady Mary Capell, daughter of William Capell, 3rd Earl of Essex and Lady Jane Hyde, on 25 August 1758.
He died on 10 March 1796.
He gained the rank of General in the service of the Royal Marines. He gained the rank of Admiral of the Fleet.
1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume IX, page 240. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
2. [S3409] Caroline Maubois, "re: Penancoet Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 2 December 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Penancoet Family."
3. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 1628. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
4. [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 1348.
5. [S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 1, page 798.